We sat down with musicians in December 2015 to discuss the idea of a CD of Burns songs in Estonian. The budget became clear shortly after that and since then we have been on the lookout for ways to make this CD happen.
- We had a lottery in our Burns Supper (for wide public) in January 2016
- We had a fundraiser in Estonia (Hooandja) in November 2016
- We had a UK fundraiser (Crowdfunder) in November 2016
- We arranged a summer party in June 2017 to listen to the research “The Scottish mercenary forces under the Swedish crown in Estonia on the 16th Century.“ (Did you know that at one point there were about 4000 Scots in Estonia? If you want to know more about it – write to us, we know someone who has studied this in great depth.) During the party we organised another lottery for the benefit of the Burns CD project.
The CD has two silver sponsors until now. Thank you!
- John Ross, a private person (a Scott living in Estonia)
- OÜ Ranna-Villa http://www.highlandcattle.ee (breeds Highland Cattle in Estonia and has a lovely cafeteria in Kuressaare)
The CD has been kindly supported by:
- The International Branch of the RSCDS – rscds-ib.org
- Saka Manor (a wellness spa with Scottish roots) http://www.saka.ee/en/
The CD has four Burns Club 100 £ Sponsors until now:
- Helensburgh Burns Club, Scotland
- Dumbarton Burns Club, Scotland
- Burns Club of London, England
- Dalry Burns Club, Scotland
We also say a big thank you to:
- Eric Ferguson from Netherlands
- Aran Farming http://aranfarming.eu sent us fresh strawberries in July and dried strawberries (the dried strawberries we hope to sell this autumn, if you want some, let us know!).
A huge thank you goes out to all who have supported this CD until now!
If you feel like it would be a good deed to promote Burns in Estonia, please look HERE. Thank you!
With Transferwise the transfer is fast, reliable and with no hidden fees – www.transferwise.com
The bank account nr of Eesti Shoti Kultuuriselts is IBAN EE502200221063918853